To apply for Council Membership, the nominating individual MUST submit a formal application on behalf of your organisation.
Send the completed form to Els de Weerd, IFKF Managmement Services.
On receipt of the completed form, with a copy of a formal resolution from applicant's Board or Committee on official letterhead and the Gross Income statement of your organisation will be considered for IFKF Council Membership.
IFKF Membership dues:
• Tier 1: Annual income is above US $ 5 million.
• Tier 2: Income between US $1 million to $5 million.
• Tier 3: Income under US $1 million, but above US $ 250.000
• Tier 4: Income under US $250.000 but above $50,000
• Tier 5: Income $ 50,000 or below.
• Associate Member
The corresponding proposed levels of membership fees (in US $):
• Tier 1: $2,500
• Tier 2: $1,500
• Tier 3: $500
• Tier 4: $250
• Tier 5: $100
• Associate Member: $50
Procedure: Organisational or Associate Membership Application
When an Organisation or Individual approaches IFKF to become a member:
(NB: All correspondence must be supplied or completed in English)
1. IFKF Management Services will send applicants an application form for either organisational membership when an established Kidney Foundation or, Associate membership applications form, for individuals.
Organisational IFKF members that wish to merge with sister organisations must re-apply for IFKF membership.
2. IFKF Management Services must collect ALL information required for application on behalf of the membership committee and forward this to the membership committee for approval. Details of information required are clearly laid out on the application forms and all information must be provided in or translated into English.
3. IFKF Management Services will circulate the completed application forms to Chair/Co-chair of the IFKF membership committee and include any additional information; they will check all received information for correctness and validity. Where additional information is required by the membership committee, IFKF Management Services will contact applicants on their behalf.
4. When satisfied, the Chair/Co-chair will circulate the application and received information to the membership committee to obtain their recommendation for approval or rejection. If approved, the membership committee should also recommend the appropriate fee category/tier.
5. If the membership committee consider the application to be successful, the Chair/Co-chair will forward the conclusion(s) to IFKF Management Services for inclusion in Council papers to allow formal Council endorsement of IFKF membership, at their next Council meeting.
6. Council will confirm the Membership Fee Tier based on the recommendation of the membership committee and referring to financial accounts submitted by the applicant. Membership fees are due on 1 January each year. Council will calculate a Pro Rata membership fee for applications after 1st January for the remaining months of the year of a new applicant’s membership.
7. Council is to inform Chair/Co-Chair of membership Committee of results, either directly or via IFKF Management Services.
8. IFKF Management Services will send a Welcome letter to the new member and request payment of the required membership fee.
9. IFKF Management Services will add the new member’s contact information to the IFKF Data Base that they administer.
10. The new IFKF member’s successful application will be announced in the next monthly Newsletter after acceptance, together with a short history of the organisation, or a summary bio of the associate member.All relevant information will be added to the Directory of IFKF Contacts and Publications
11. Review of membership annual membership fee: members will be able to request a review of their membership fee in case of changes in their financial circumstances. An financial Audit of the previous year income is needed to reassess the new correct membership fee.
Rejection by the Membership Committee
In the case of a membership application being rejected by the membership committee, the applying prospective member has the right to ask for an appeal reviewed by the full IFKF Council.
Rejection by the IFKF Council
In the event of the Council rejecting a prospective member’s application, after either a membership committee approval or under an appeal for rejection by the membership committee, the Council’s decision will be considered as final and no further appeal will be allowed.
Discontinuation of Membership:
(After failure to pay the annual membership fees)
Failure to pay membership fees for two consecutive years following the receipt of reminder communications by either IFKF Management Services or the chair/co-chair of the membership committee will result in discontinuation of membership of the IFKF. In case of a member experiencing financial difficulties, the membership committee may recommend a review of the obligation to pay a membership (e.g. a deferment of payment for 1 year only.