IFKF Member Benefits
IFKF members are recognised as excellent organisations within their own rights, acceptance to membership of IFKF brings a quality brand to your foundation.
2. Connecting with other foundations:
IFKF membership brings the opportunity to connect and communicate with similar organisations throughout the world, exchanging ideas and working collaboratively.
IFKF provides a Newsletter that informs members of key issues and news from around the Global kidney community. The IFKF annual meetings provide an ideal forum for ideas exchange and collaborative working and membership brings the benefit of reduced registration cost to attend any such meetings.
3. A Global Community fighting kidney disease:
World Kidney Day (WKD), provides members with an ideal opportunity to broaden their reach and to bring a spotlight to their activities as a Foundation. WKD Champions, offer individuals in membership organisations the opportunity to further support the objectives of IFKF and thier own organisations. IFKF initiatives such as the CKD, early identification and treatment initiative for Chronic Kidney Disease, promotes a global approach to improved kidney care.
4. Support for your foundation:
Within the IFKF membership community many larger and more established foundations offer support to developing foundations via our kidney foundations partnership programmes, KFPP. IFKF coordinates training and development initiatives, particularly for professions allied to healthcare.
IFKF members can use IFKF developed communication tools to support their organisations objectives. IFKF endorsement of local initiatives can assist your Foundations ultimate success.
5. Influence in support of kidney initiatives:
The Collective voice provided by being a member of our global organisation allows a stronger influence in advocacy and lobbying. WKD is an ideal vehicle to deliver influence in support of kidney issues both locally and internationally.
Membership offers the right to vote on issues that drive IFKF strategy and objectives, further effecting the influence of the IFKF globally.
6. Access to funding:
IFKF membership allows your foundation to apply for grants and awards, which are made available to support educational and developmental activity. Travel grants can be available to assist smaller member foundations and individuals to attend annual meetings.
The IFKF Mission and Objectives
- Help member kidney foundations grow to highly effective organizations.
- Encourage and assist in the formation of new kidney foundations where needed around the world.
- Develop and grow a strong core of individual members, representative of all disciplines relevant to kidney care.
- Help develop a more professional and effective leadership in kidney care, with a focus on developing new and young leaders.
- Make World Kidney Day more successful and influential.
- Lead the way in early detection, prevention and treatment of kidney disease through its membership on all continents of the world.
- Make global kidney care advocacy more powerful and influential.
- Promote global interactions with other professional, patient and commercial organisations.
- Improve global fundraising opportunities for kidney related issues.
Wish to join the IFKF family?
We would like to hear from anyone representing any kidney related organisation - kidney foundation, patient association, kidney community advocacy group - interested in joining the IFKF family. This group represents a strong force to ensure global focus continues in the prevention and treatment of kidney disease.
Additionally, various associate members of the IFKF informally support the Board in its work.
IFKF Secretariat Services:
Flat.No 11, 3rd Floor, Old No.6 & New No.11
Thirumurthy Street, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600017, India.
After Board approval the organisation will be admitted to the IFKF Register and invited to nominate an official representative
- Membership fees are for a calendar year - renewed annually 1st of January
- Should an IFKF Member default on fee payment, they may be removed from the IFKF Register unless good cause is shown (Fees payable in $US – individually set upon acceptance, relative to financial status)
- Apply to the IFKF Board if financial difficulties locally prevent payment of your fees
IFKF Council Membership
See relevant extract below taken from our current IFKF Regulations
(approved in Budapest, Hungary, August 2014)
To be eligible for membership your application should be able to supply proof that your organisation:
- Has a proven primary commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of individuals with kidney disease;
- Is recognized as non-profit (that is, as having legal status as a charitable foundation) by the laws of your country;
- Must be multidisciplinary, which means you should ordinarily have among your membership patients, and at least two of the following groups: medical doctors, nurses, dieticians, social workers, technicians, family members of patients and volunteers at large; and
- Must be actively involved in the activities described in the Mission Statement in these Regulations.
Application for membership shall be presented to the Board for consideration. The Board shall approve or reject the application for Membership having regard to the eligibility criteria set out in this clause. The Board may appoint, in its absolute discretion, a Membership Subcommittee to perform this function.
- Individuals may apply for Associate Membership of the Foundation. To be eligible, an individual must also be a member of a Foundation Organizational member (if one exists in their country).
- An Associate Member shall be entitled to receive notice of, and attend Council meetings but shall not have an entitlement to vote at such meetings.
- Applications for Associate Membership shall be made to the Board. The Board shall approve or reject the application in its absolute discretion.
Representatives of IFKF Member organizations and Associate Members are considered members.
See for more information in the IFKF Regulations (August 2014).