Type of Membership
1. Organizational Membership.
Eligibility. To be eligible for organizational membership, an organization must be:
- A local, regional or nation-wide Kidney foundation, Kidney patient group or kidney advocacy organization primarily committed to improving the health, care and well-being of individuals with kidney disease, as well as supporting and connecting patients with kidney disease;
- A non-profit/ charitable entity under the laws of their country of incorporation;
- Multidisciplinary, meaning that the entity should have among its membership: individuals from at least two of the following groups: medical practitioners/ physicians, nurses, dietitians, allied health, academics, researchers, social workers, people with kidney disease or kidney failure, care-partners including family members or caregivers of such patients, and people from the community at large who are interested in kidney advocacy;
2. Affiliated Membership.
Eligibility. To be eligible for affiliated membership, an organization must be:
- A local, regional or nation-wide organization other than the above category, that is committed to improving the health, care and well-being of individuals with kidney disease or engaged in kidney health advocacy activities among others;
- Single or multidisciplinary.
3. Associate Membership.
- Individual healthcare professional, academic, researcher, social worker, or a layperson involved with the provision, care, supporting or advocating for patients with Kidney disease or Kidney failure